- Explain the value of a RHEL subscription to net new customers (free to fee);
- Show RHEL standardisation and operational efficiency benefits
- Reduce the costs involved in migration to RHEL with the help of promo & tools
Eligible customers (i.e. eligible end users) who want to adopt Red Hat Enterprise Linux (see “which products are included in this promotion” below) can now enjoy an attractive promotion to reduce costs that are usually part of the purchase of a new subscription. Eligible customers who purchase a three (3) year subscription term of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, can get 1 year of subscription free. Terms and conditions apply*. The promo is valid until June 30th 2021.
Products Included (with special PROMO SKUs):
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Premium
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Standard
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual Data Centre Premium;
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual Data Centre Standard.
Partner Eligibility Overview:
- Only Red Hat affiliated partners (“Partners”) can re-sell the Eligible RH Products.
- Partners may be eligible for a rebate in accordance with the terms of the current and existing Red Hat distributor/partner rebate program, as part of the Partner’s effort to drive this promotion. The right of the Partner to participate in the Red Hat distributor/partner rebate program pursuant to this promotion is on an “exceptions only” basis, as determined by Red Hat, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- All opportunities identified as being part of this promotion must be excluded from deals with other discounts, including deep discounted deals.
- Only the Red Hat sales team (TSR/ISR/CAM) can create quotes with the Promo SKU (defined below), not the Partner. Please reach out to your contact at Ingram Micro NZ, should you need a quote for an eligible end-user.
- Promotion is valid only for eligible pre-approved list of target customers. For more details, reach out to Ingram Micro NZ.
- Pay for 2 years now and obtain a 3 year subscription.
For more details: Refer to the Terms and conditions document. Or reach out to your Red Hat contact for any further clarification.
Step 1: Build Interest through Promotion
To begin, draw the attention of your prospects to Red Hat Enterprise Linux promotion by running a 2-touch email campaign. In conjunction, the emails will help educate your prospects on the most important aspects of the promotion, and how it delivers business value.
We recommend the following messages, sent a week apart.
By the second email, you should have garnered enough awareness and interest in the
value of the RHEL promotion among your prospects to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Nurture Leads through Content
This step allows you to share RHEL benefits in greater detail with your prospects, and to address concerns that they may have – we recommend sharing more in-depth RHEL content with prospects. This step will help you determine the level of interest of leads amongst your prospects, and to drive them further along your sales pipeline.
- Red Hat Webinar: Make your Hybrid Cloud Ready for Anything Live: 24 Nov, 2020
- Red Hat paper: Ten Ways to Improve IT Efficiency with a Standardised Operating Environment
- Red Hat checklist: Ten Ways to Improve IT Efficiency with a Standardised Operating Environment
- Red Hat Ebook: 10 ways to improve IT efficiency with a standardised operating environment
- Red Hat White paper: “Deploy a platform for the future”
Step 3: Engage Prospects in 1 on 1 Conversations
Once you have a list of prospects that have expressed interest in RHEL, this last step provides you with a direct sales engagement opportunity to answer your prospect’s questions and reinforce the Red Hat value propositions through one-to-one communication.
RHEL Elevator Pitch
To deliver business advantages in this new world, organisations must shift IT from traditional infrastructure operations and become service delivery ready. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 is the intelligent operating system that is the consistent foundation for the enterprise hybrid cloud — providing the tools needed to deliver services and workloads faster with less effort.
Message for Customer
Reduce cost and risks, higher SLAs
Increase operational efficiencies and improve security
Offset the migration cost to RHEL with in-place upgrade tools and promo
We revolutionised the operating system with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®. Now, we have a broad portfolio, including hybrid cloud infrastructure, middleware, agile integration, cloud-native application development, and management and automation solutions
As per IDC Red hat Enterprise Linux is the number one operating systems in the paid linux segment with 73% market share
More than 90% of Fortune 500 companies trust Red Hat
Over 3900 partners across APAC, including all types, from resellers and VARs, to Systems Integrators, ISV and, Cloud Partners